But first, get the facts!
Encyclopedia of Genocide
- Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Handbooks
- All full-text
Modern World History Online
- Encyclopedias, Primary Sources, Biographies, Images, Multimedia, Speeches
- All full-text
- Publications include Biographical Dictionary of Modern World Leaders, Dictators & Tyrants: Absolute Rulers and Would-Be Rulers in World History, Encyclopedia of World War I, Speeches in World History, and many more
- Coverage of historical events from the 15th century to present
Use specific keywords to find articles on your topic. A search for "genocide" will give you thousands of results.
Remember - the articles will not answer the question your professors assigned you. You must find articles about your topic and then think critically about the information you read in the article to answer your research question.
- Art History, Business, Economics, Education, History, Literature, Mathematics, Music, Social Sciences
- Scholarly Journals, Book Reviews, Theater Reviews, Pamphlets
- All full-text, PDF
- Archival coverage of journals back to first issue
- Moving wall embargo – full-text may not be available for most current 1-5 years, depending on publication
Academic Search Premier
- Scholarly Journals, Magazines, Newspapers, Trade Journals, Book Reviews, Images,
- Many full-text articles; some articles have citation and abstract information only
- EBSCOHost search interface
- Scholarly Journals, Newspapers, Magazines, Reports, Trade Journals E-Books, Conference Papers, Dissertations & Theses, Government Publications
- Many full-text articles; some articles have citation information only
- ProQuest search interface
Source: Yale University
Since 1994, the award-winning Cambodian Genocide Program, a project of the Genocide Studies Program at Yale University's MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies, has been studying these events to learn as much as possible about the tragedy, and to help determine who was responsible for the crimes of the Pol Pot regime.
Source: The Digital Archive of Cambodian Holocaust Survivors
Includes testimonials, stories, images and experiences under the Khmer Rouge, digitized for distribution on the Internet.
Source: The History Place
Overviews of 20th century genocides - Bosnia/Herzegovina, Rwanda, Pol Pot in Cambodia, Nazi Holocaust, Rape of Nanking, Stalin's Forced Famine, Armenians in Turkey.
Source: The International Campaign to End Genocide (ICEG)
Prevent Genocide International, established in 1998, is a global education and action network for the prevention of genocide and crimes against humanity. Includes Resources, Books and Articles, Reports, Survivor and Eyewitness testimonies, Commemoration, Film and Video and Websites
Instructional Services Librarian
Tel: ext. 8412
= Restricted resource
= Some full text
= Video files
= Audio files