Source: John W. Harman Center for Sales, Advertising and Marketing History, Duke University The Ad*Access Project, funded by the Duke Endowment "Library 2000" Fund, presents images and database information for over 7,000 advertisements printed in U.S. and Canadian newspapers and magazines between 1911 and 1955.
Source: Duke University Libraries Thousands of television commercials created or collected by the D'Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles (DMB&B) advertising agency, dated 1950s - 1980s.
Source: Library of Congress A collection of digitized documents, audio and video files, photographs and images, maps and sheet music chronicling the American experience.
Emergence of Advertising in America: 1850-1920
Source: John W. Harman Center for Sales, Advertising and Marketing History, Duke University Over 3,300 advertising items and publications dating from 1850 to 1920, illustrating the rise of consumer culture and the birth of a professionalized advertising industry in the United States.
Codes of Gender: Identity & Performance in Popular Culture
In-library use only. 2009
Killing Us Softly 4: Advertisings Image of Women
In-library use only. 2010
Generation M: Misogyny in Media and Culture
Streaming Videos (can be viewed online with G# and password)
Sexual Stereotypes in the Media
- Sociology, Gender Studies
- Scholarly Journals, Magazines, Newspapers, Handbooks, Government Publications
- Many full-text articles; some articles have citation and abstract information only
- ProQuest search interface
- Art History, Business, Economics, Education, History, Literature, Mathematics, Music, Social Sciences
- Scholarly Journals, Book Reviews, Theater Reviews, Pamphlets
- All full-text, PDF
- Archival coverage of journals back to first issue
- Moving wall embargo – full-text may not be available for most current 1-5 years, depending on publication
2011 Huggies commercial
2012 Huggies commercial (apparently in response to backlash over the 5 days with real dads campaign)
Instructional Services Librarian
Tel: ext. 8412
= Restricted resource
= Some full text
= Video files
= Audio files