Laptop Lending Policy
It is the policy of the Raritan Valley Community College Library to loan laptop computers to all eligible RVCC students, faculty and staff:
- Eligible students, faculty, and staff include all those with a clear library record (no fees or fines) and who can present an RVCC ID. No exceptions.
- Laptop computers are lent out in 3 hour intervals. One renewal for an additional 3 hours is allowed if no one else is waiting to use one.
- Laptops returned late are subject to a $15.00 overdue charge. Any laptops not returned within one hour late are subject to replacement costs ($500.00) and a processing fee of $15.00.
- RVCC students, faculty and staff must keep the laptops in the library at all times.
- Only one laptop can be borrowed at a time per user.
- Laptops cannot be placed on Reserve or be placed on Hold.
We ask that you keep all food and drink away from the laptop. Remember, you are responsible for any and all damage done to the laptop while it is checked out to you.