Group Study Rooms
It is the policy of Raritan Valley Community College Library to provide quiet areas for group study. The library has four rooms designated as Group Study Rooms: L211 (contains AV equipment), L210, L209, and L208 (contains AV equipment). The rooms can only be used by groups of two or more people for the purpose of academic or community projects. They may be reserved for blocks of three hours at a time.
Reservations are not required, but are highly recommended. Reservations may be made up to one week in advance by contacting the Check Out Desk by telephone or by signing up in person at the Check Out Desk. Same-day use is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Should Library Staff observe that a room is being used by one library patron, that patron will be asked to leave.
- Should Library Staff observe groups abusing the room (for example loud noise, food, playing games, etc.), the group will be asked to leave.
- Once a group has signed up for a room, they should remain in the room. If the group needs to leave the library for some reason, all belongings must be taken. The library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- If someone in a group needs to leave the room, someone in the group should stay behind. Rooms left unattended for 15 minutes will be forfeited if another group needs the room. Any belongings left will be moved to the Check Out Desk.
- If the group who has reserved the room is more than 15 minutes late, the reservation will be forfeited.
- No food is allowed in the rooms.
Procedure for Reserving and Using a Group Study Room
- Patrons may on reserve a group study room one week in advance. Same day reservations are not allowed, non-reserved rooms may be used on a first come, first serve basis.
- Reservations can be made by calling the Check Out Desk at (908) 218-8865 or by signing-up in person at the Check Out Desk.
- If a group decides to leave before their reserved block of time expires, they must remove their belongings from the room. The library will hold the room for that group for 15 minutes before accepting a new group.
The library is not responsible for personal belongings left unattended in the group study rooms, or throughout the library. Please do not leave belongings unattended.