- Are there computers in the library that students can use?
Computers for student use can be located on the first and second floors of the library, including the library classroom when instruction sessions are not in progress.
- Does the library have laptops that students can check out?
The library has a number of laptops that students and college staff can use. A RVCC College ID and driver’s license is required and the laptops do not leave the library. Complete details can be found on the library’s website.
- What do I need to use the computers in the library?
Students must have their network login (G number and password). If the student does not have this information, they must see the MIS department with their College ID.
- Can I print documents in the library?
Yes. All computers in the library can print out documents.
- Does the library have wireless service available?
Yes. Students must visit the MIS department first to register their laptop.
- Does the library have saving devices that students can use?
Library patrons often leave saving devices in the computers. If these devices are not retrieved, the library may give them to other students for use. The library does not sell new saving devices. The Library has several Flash Drives that may be checked out for use in the Library to move documents between computers.
- Does the library have a public color printer?
- Can I make copies in the library?
Yes. The library has two copiers. Copies are 7 cents each and can be made by using a copy card purchased in the library. Copiers do not accept change.
- Does the library have a public fax machine?
- Does the library have a public scanner?
Yes, the Library's copy machines can store documents to a USB Flash Drive. The Library has Flash Drives that may be checked out to transfer documents to a computer where they can be emailed.