How to Research: A Tutorial
Plagiarism can happen in many situations. Sometimes students plagiarize without even realizing they are doing anything wrong. The following are all examples of plagiarism in any type of writing:
- Including in your paper any phrases, sentences, or ideas that are not originally your own without giving credit to the person who did think it or write it.
- Rearranging the words in a sentence or paragraph from a source without including a citation.
- Changing a few words in a sentence or paragraph so it is not copied word-for-word from your source, and not including a citation.
- Using a statistic without citing where you found the information.
- Copying and pasting ANYTHING from the Internet, without including a complete and accurate citation.
- Copying and pasting a chart, graph, or image from a source into your paper without including a citation.